Delivery of Ordered Goods
These are the terms and conditions which apply to the delivery of goods purchased by you, from us either online at www.designermarble.co.uk, in-store or over the phone.
Designer marble’ Delivery Service is provided by own inhouse delivery team:
We reserve the right to change the Delivery Terms at any time and the couriers service used may also be subject to change.
Location of Deliveries
We deliver to the shipping address specified by you, when purchasing and are not held liable for any changes to this address, after the order has been dispatched please note below, important information on delivery to specific postcodes:
- Free standard delivery for UK Mainland excluding the following postcodes: AB16-56, FK, HS, IV, KA, KW, PA, PH, TR (deliveries to these locations may take between 5 -15 working days)
- For all offshore & overseas’ deliveries, a standard charge will be applied and so an additional amount will be calculated after the order; including postcodes: BT, EI, IM, GY, KW, ZE, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, etc.
Pricing of Deliveries to the Shipping Address Specified At Time of Purchase
The delivery fee payable by you, for your ordered goods, will be that which is given by Designer Marble at the time of purchase.
The delivery fee will be calculated according to your postcode, the weight of the goods and the size of the goods as per mentioned earlier.
Delivery Restrictions Which Can Apply
Some of our furniture is larger than you may expect. Please note, it is your responsibility to check the measurements of the goods before purchasing, to ensure there is enough space at the delivery address for delivery to take place. Please also note that it is your responsbility it will fit into the room of your choice.
Prior to the delivery of goods, you must ensure that there is sufficient access and space to complete the delivery and that all staircases and lifts providing access are suitable for the delivery. You must ensure that your property and the delivery area are safe for delivery staff and is accessible for the courier services. All fragile items which could be damaged during the delivery, should be moved prior to delivery of goods. We will take reasonable care and skills when delivering at your premises.
To ensure a smooth delivery of your ordered goods, it is your responsibility to provide us with as much detail as possible, in advance, about particular features of the delivery address which may affect the delivery (e.g. will there be time to unload/load? Do you live on a red route? Are there any height, width or weight restrictions? Are there any parking restrictions? Will the vehicle require a parking permit? Are there any time restrictions? Will delivery be at non-ground floor level? Is access to the delivery location made difficult due to narrow doors or staircases?) If the delivery is to a business address, are there any restrictions in terms of the opening hours?
- If you order in our showroom, you can provide us with this information, to one of our Sales representatives in our showroom.
- If you order online, please leave a note in the “comments” section whilst placing the order.
- If you order over the phone, with one of our sales representatives, you are able to leave a message with them, of the details of delivery access.
If you provide us with incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information/instructions, we will give you a reasonable time to provide us with this information or we reserve the right to cancel the delivery by giving you written notice.
Delivery staff are not permitted to and shall not: remove doors, windows, doorframes etc. in order to complete the delivery (if these measures are required, you as a consumer, must undertake these actions; before delivery takes place as our couriers do not carry any specialised lifting equipment.
Acceptance of Ordered Goods, At Point of Delivery
Delivery will take place at the shipping address specified by you either during the online order process or on the sales receipt in-store. We ask you to provide us with two telephone numbers (Mobile and Home) and an email address so we can contact you easily and advise you of your delivery time.
You as a consumer are solely responsible for ensuring that we are able to make delivery to the specified shipping address and that you are available to accept delivery at this address on the delivery date, mutually agreed between yourself and the courier. Please try to inform us as soon as possible if you know that you are not going to be in, to accept delivery of the ordered goods. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery as a result of any act or omission by you.
If you are not personally available to accept delivery, you may appoint a representative to do so in your place. The representative must be an adult capable of receiving delivery on your behalf, and you agree that we will be entitled to rely on the representative’s instructions as if they were your own. Delivery staff is not permitted to leave any items that have not been signed for.
You will be asked to sign the delivery document confirming that the delivery has taken place.
This will not affect your legal right to notify us if you subsequently find a defect in your goods.
This is an opportunity to inspect the goods further, before reporting any damages or missing parts to your ordered goods.
If you refuse to sign the delivery document (POD), this will be taken as refusal to accept delivery and the goods will be taken away by the courier and will be returned back to our warehouse in Ely.
Once the goods have been delivered to your specified shipping address, you become the owner and responsible of those goods. From the point of acceptance of goods, they will be at your risk which means you will be held liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction.
We advise that any faulty, damaged or missing goods are reported to us as soon as possible. We also advise that photographic evidence is provided at the point of reporting the fault. (We advise you retain the original packaging until you are completely satisfied with your purchase.)
- You will be entitled to a full refund or a replacement if the goods are in fact deemed to be defective
- Please note that photographic evidence may be requested, of any faults or damages reported to us
- Any damaged goods or parcels, must be retained for inspection by Furniture in Fashion
- We also advise that you retain the packaging until you are fully satisfied with your purchase
Where it is established that Designer marble or the Courier are responsible for the damages to delivered goods, we will replace the damaged goods or we will arrange a collection of goods for a full refund which includes all amounts paid by yourself, for the product.
Cooling Off Period
You are entitled to a statutory cooling off period beginning from the date you placed your order online or over the telephone and ending 14 days after the date that the goods are received. We advise you to inform us in writing during the cooling off period that you are cancelling the contract (e-mails are accepted).
If you have not received the goods at the time of cancellation of the contract, and we have not processed the goods for delivery, we will refund to you all the monies paid by you for the goods in question including the delivery charges in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days of the cancellation being accepted.
If you have not received the goods at the time of cancellation of the contract, but we have processed the goods for delivery, and they are en route, you should reject the goods at point of delivery and not accept them. In this case a refund will be processed once the goods have been returned back to our warehouse in Ely, CB6 1RY. If delivery has been made by our courier service, this service will incur charges in excess of our standard delivery charges and we reserve the right to deduct these charges from your refund if your order is cancelled after dispatch or whilst in transit. We will make the refund in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation being accepted.
If you have decided to cancel goods after receipt, the goods must be returned to us as soon as possible. You are the owner of the goods once they have been delivered to you and you are liable for their loss or destruction. We will refund to you all the monies paid by you for the unwanted goods in question, including the original delivery charge if applicable, and excluding the cost of collection if that service has been rendered by us. The refund will be in the same form of payment originally used for the purchase as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days of your order being accepted. This refund will be in full, however i f the value of the goods is diminished by any amount as a result of handling of the goods by you beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods, we may recover that amount up to the contract price directly from you. If the returned goods have not been looked after by you with reasonable care and are not in the condition that they were in when delivered to you, we reserve the right to pursue a claim against you separately.
If you do not return the goods to us we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be refunded to you.
Delivery Policy for Ordered Goods
This section of the Delivery Terms applies only to purchases made on our website: www.designermarble.co.uk and does not apply to orders made in store, unless goods are to be delivered and not taken away on the day of purchase.
Once you have placed your order online, designer marble send you an order acknowledgement email which will indicate an estimated delivery date for your goods to the delivery address specified in your order.
- We try our best to meet the estimated delivery dates however there are times where we are unable to do this and your confirmed delivery date will be different
- We would advise you not to make any plans to accept your delivery, for example booking time off from work, until we have confirmed the date with you
- We aim to deliver your order within 4-5 days of your order how ever some products may take upto 30 days of placing your order, depending on stock availability and where you live, however most orders are delivered within 7 days
- We will, in any event, deliver the goods within 30 days of your order unless otherwise agreed by you and us
- “Special Order” goods will take longer to deliver as they are being delivered directly from our suppliers. In the majority of cases, these will be delivered within 45 days from placing your order. If your order includes any additional products that are not “Special Order” then a separate delivery will be made
- Within 72 hours of placing your order online, we will send you a delivery advice email which will confirm the planned delivery date and specify whether delivery will be made by our 2-man-delivery-service couriers. It will also set out your delivery number. If you have included a mobile telephone number, our couriers will contact you, to confirm a delivery time and date, mutually agreed between yourself and the courier
By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you agree to check the delivery advice email and ensure you will be available to accept delivery of the goods on the delivery date. If you are unavailable, please contact us or our courier, to confirm a different suitable date, as soon as possible and, in any event, no later than 48 hours before the planned delivery date by contacting the aftersales or sales representatives through our online ticket system or on 01353 967182.
If for any reason, you are unable to accept the delivery, on the mutually agreed time and date, there will be a re -delivery charge, which vary for orders with different total weights and can be advised by contacting the aftersales or sales representatives through our online ticket system or on 01353 967182.
If we use currier service.
- Our couriers update order tracking details within 24-48 hours before delivery
- You can then access a consignment number, to track your delivery whilst on its journey to you
- Use the tracking number provided within your dispatch message sent to your email, by Furniture in Fashion, on the website provided to you, for this courier service
Changing the date of delivery
If you would like to change the delivery time or date, then you must contact designer marble customer services representatives, who will inform you whether it is possible or not, for the delivery time or date to be changed.